Friday, April 1, 2011

Busy Bees


Here is another idea from "What's New, Cupcake?"  I made this for a Staff Luncheon at the kids' school.



I inserted mini Milky Way bars into the center of each cupcake for a chocolate surprise.  I also substituted 1 cup buttermilk for the 1 1/2 cups water called for on the box and added one extra egg to the mix.  After the cupcakes are frosted, you place the sugared hexagon cookies on top to form the honeycomb.



The bees are made from black and yellow fondant icing.  I used almond slivers for the wings and attached the bees to the cookies with extra frosting.  I also made a few stained-glass cookies (Jolly Rancher cookies) that I hung on jewelry racks next to the cupcakes.  It was a very spring-themed dessert, even though there is still snow on the ground here.



No comments:

Post a Comment