Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stained Glass Cookies


Here is another idea I stole from http://www.marthastewart.com/  These 'stained glass' cookies are created by crushing Jolly Rancher candies and melting them into whatever shape you choose.  You grind the candy in a food processor until it becomes a very fine powder and then fill the empty space of the cookie 3/4 of the way full with powder.  You will see that I used both red and green for my cookies.








I also used Martha's Royal Icing recipe to decorate the cookies.  Royal Icing = 1 cup water, 1/2 cup meringue powder, 2lb powdered sugar.  Before adding the powdered sugar, it is important to mix the meringue powder and water until soft peaks form (otherwise your icing won't harden correctly).


As for packaging the cookies, I bought a variety of different boxes at Michael's craft store.  I stuffed each box with crinkled paper and then sealed the box with a sticker. 


I'm excited to try this idea with spring themes...like flowers, butterflies and Easter eggs.  Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment