Friday, February 18, 2011

Flitterific



We connected the canopy to my daughter's four-poster bed last week (the same bed I had when I was little).  Later that evening, I went to the fabric store in search of inspiration.  I found this beautiful silk organza and fell in love with the pedal pattern for across the top of the bed.

I also found some Tinkerbell ribbon that I decided to use along the front and back edges.  The dangling fairies are my daughter's favorite part.

I used a sheer purple ruffle along the sides which worked out pretty well.  The organza is difficult to work with because it is so delicate, but I managed to get the project done in one evening so I can't complain.  Of course, the most magical part of any canopy is the view you get from underneath.  As Tinkerbell would say, its "Flitterific!"

No comments:

Post a Comment