Friday, June 25, 2010

Portmeirion China


Most of my favorite things tend to be British.  My kitchen china is a good example.  I discovered Portmeirion pottery while living in England and it was love at first sight.  The area of Stoke-on-Trent, located in central England, has been actively manufacturing pottery since the 17th century and is home to Spode, Royal Doulton, and Wedgewood. 

You can drive from pottery to pottery and shop in all of the factory stores. Portmeirion china was founded by the daughter of Sir Clough Williams-Ellis, the architect and creator of Portmeirion village in North Wales. The Pomona pattern is named after the ancient "Goddess of Fruit."


Hanging below my Portmeirion china is my Grandmother's vintage spice rack.  The spices are housed in glass bottles complete with glass stoppers.  Aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment