Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Knit One, Purl Two

 

I learned to knit while living in London. Department stores like John Lewis offered free classes in the evenings so I would head over directly after work. My office was at Embankment and John Lewis is in Oxford Circus so it was a short tube ride. It was a great way to fill the long, dark hours of winter in England.

 

I also became attached to Rowan yarn and the quality of UK notions, such as bamboo knitting needles.  The photo above shows three different types of baby sweaters that I knit while living in London.  All of them with Rowan yarns.  http://www.knitrowan.com/

What most people don't realize is that knitting only involves two stitches, the knit stitch and the purl stitch.  The different patterns and textures are created by using different combinations of these two stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment