Sunday, January 30, 2011

Knit, QUILT, Sew


I decided to start a quilt this weekend.  I cut the squares on Friday afternoon while the kids were taking a nap.  Since I recently finished knitting a dishcloth, I figured I'd go for the trifecta of knitting, quilting, and sewing (a matching valance?) to keep me occupied during these long days of winter.

I used Cath Kidston fabric that I purchased last year and grouped these colors together because they best match the room.  It took me a while to lay out all the squares and get the pattern just how I wanted it, but once that was done it was easy to piece the quilt together on my machine.  Then I tested the length on the bed.  (I bought the bed on Craigslist last week and painted the headboard to match the dressers already in the room.)


The next step is getting the quilt front, batting and backing attached to my maternal grandmother's wooden frame so that I can hand quilt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment